Why Won't My Gel Polish Stay On The Sides And Tips Of My Nails After I Apply It?
This is what we call "slippage" of the color in the moisture layer after the base gel is cured. In order to prevent this action, take a dry lint-free wipe and remove the moisture layer after curing the base application of the Gel Base & Top Coat. Do not use the Gel Cleanser. You want to have a slightly tacky surface and the Gel Cleanser will remove it completely. Another option is to apply the first layer of color and cure one nail at a time, not allowing it to slip. Be sure to cap the edges!
Why Is My Gel Polish Hard In The Bottle?
SensatioNail® is light sensitive. If the product is placed near a window or under a light it may cure in the bottle over time. Be sure to store your gel polish in a dark place or a drawer. Do not put it in a refrigerator and always keep at room temperature.
Why Won't My Gel Nails Cure Properly?
Gel Polish cures with a sticky layer which is the moisture coming to the top of the Gel Polish while it is curing in the lamp. This moisture "sticky" layer does not need to be wiped off until the very end, making it appear that the nails are not cured. If you feel the gel is not cured, wipe the sticky layer off with the Gel Cleanser and see if the gel is hard. If it is hard continue your application. If the gel is not cured it will wipe off and then the next step would be to reapply and cure. Be sure your PRO 3060 LED Lamp is on when placing nails inside.
Could My SensatioNail® Gel Polish Peel Off?
Your gel polish will not peel off if your nails are properly prepped prior to application. Here are a few prepping tips for a lasting, SensatioNail® Gel Polish:
- Use the SensatioNail® Gel Cleanser to cleanse your nails. Do not cleanse the nails with acetone or alcohol.
- Wash your hands and nails after you remove your regular nail polish.
- Once you have filed and pushed your cuticles back, be sure to buff the entire surface of your nails. Be careful not to over buff as this could damage your natural nails.
- Remove the dust and clean your nails with a lint-free wipe soaked in the SensatioNail® Nail Cleanser. Then proceed with your application.
Will My SensatioNail® Gel Polish Chip?
SensatioNail® Gel Polish should be slightly flexible and last up to 2 weeks. If it is chipping prematurely, be sure to use our professional tips and tricks for a flawless and lasting application when you re-apply.
Why Doesn't My Gel Polish Cure To A Shiny Finish?
To ensure a shiny finish:
- Be sure the LED lamp is on when you press the white button at the top.
- Leave nails in the LED lamp for the full cure time.
- The inside reflector surface of the LED lamp may need to be cleaned.
What Should I Do If My Gel Brush Hardens?
Remove the hardened gel from your brush by soaking it in pure acetone to dissolve the gel polish
What if I have a difficult time removing SensatioNail®
We recommend that you omit the Primer step in your next application.
You may also soak your nails for longer in the acetone if needed. We recommend soaking for 10-15 minutes, then checking to see if the polish is lifting gently. If it is still difficult to remove, you may let your nails soak for another 5 minutes and check again, repeating this step until the polish is lifting off the natural nail.